Re: Volta bracket re-naming with repeatCommands and \markup?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Volta bracket re-naming with repeatCommands and \markup?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:07:53 -0700

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:
This seems like an easy one, but I'm beating a dead horse here...

In the follwing snippet I am renaming the 3rd alternative volta bracket to
say "Final" instead of the default "3".  It is working, except if I try to
imbed the string "Final" inside of a markup expression like this: \markup {
\italic "Final" }.  When I do that, the volta bracket disappears.  How can I
use \markup when renaming a volta bracket?  I would like the word "Final",
for sake of example, to be italicized.  Does the repeatCommands property
accept \markup?  (the snippet below will execute as-is if you have an Arial
font, otherwise change the font name)
There is even a problem without \markup. See my post with subject: \markup in manual volta endings

two days ago but \markup definitely hides the manual volta.

Paul Scott