Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:05:02 +0200

Markus Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hm,
>
> this is odd indeed, I can only assume that 2.9.14 typesets tuplet brackets
> differently (ie. both at the same spot in this case).
Are you running 2.9.14 and did it look OK then?

> But the problem isn't gone, I paste a section of tuplets from a piece where
> I encountered this problem at first, where it still remains.

No, it isn't. There's definitely something fishy here. The attached
snippet results in a bus error on OSX and Lily 2.9.14 (binary). It's
really odd that the one file I sent you yesterday produces correct
output while this reproduces the error.

Regarding contexts:

In the manual it states that both arguments to combineParts will be
interpreted as Voice contexts but it doesn't seem like it's possible to
tweak properties belonging to only one of these Voices. I would
appreciate it if someone who's _really_ knows what's going on could
enlighten us!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%% Produces bus error on OSX and LilyPond 2.9.14 %%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.9.14"

\score { <<
  \new Staff {