Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: Getting rid of redundant tuplet brackets in combined voices
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:19:00 +0200

Markus Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Henrik,
>
> > > this is odd indeed, I can only assume that 2.9.14 typesets tuplet
> brackets
> > > differently (ie. both at the same spot in this case).
> > Are you running 2.9.14 and did it look OK then?
> Yes, I do and it looks OK, but I'm almost shure it didn't as I posted the
> example first. Anyway, I'm switching between 2.8.5 and 2.9.14 all the time,
> so this could be the reason for that. Also I do believe this example looks
> good now by pure chance.

That's my feeling too. The problem, I suspect, is related to how (in
what order) partcombine is parsing the music when combining it.

> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > %%% Produces bus error on OSX and LilyPond 2.9.14 %%%
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> Obviously you stumbled upon a bug. I added also ties in the second voice and
> after doing so, the snippet compiles.

OK, that sort of makes sense I guess. But it is a limitation on how
partcombine can be used.

Concerning the tuplets I'm sorry I couldn't help. I think this has to be
addressed by someone with knowledge of the inner workings of
partCombine. I would like to see something like a context for tuplets so
that tweaks could be in refernece to a specified tuplet. This however,
I'm not sure it really makes sense...

/goodnight