Re: many short pieces - page breaks

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: many short pieces - page breaks
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Another possible "work around" that I've used is to place two lyrics staffs
above my notes staff... The first lyrics staff is empty but contains a
\pageBreak, the second lyrics staff contains the text you are currently
using as the piece name.  Then eliminate the \header block or just blank out
the piece property and use the lyrics line to name your adjacent scores.  In
the example below "Comping Changes" is what I would usually be calling the
"piece" property, (it's a second \score after the main melody score).  This
example bounces to a new page and puts a "header" at the top for each
adjacent score.

\score {

{

   <<

   \new Lyrics \pageBreak

   \new Lyrics \with {
                \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(5 . 5)
   } \lyricmode { Comping Changes }

   \new Staff....
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff
... my existing staff stuff

} % end score single expression

   \layout {
      ragged-right = ##f
      ragged-last = ##f
      ragged-bottom = ##f
      ragged-last-bottom = ##t
      indent = 0.0\in
   } % end layout

} % end rhythm comping score

Play around with minimum-Y-extent to "push or lift" the score below it on
the page.

I know it's not pretty but is working in one of my pieces.

Rick