Re: Markup macro?

From: Stewart Holmes
Subject: Re: Markup macro?
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:13:39 +0100

Tim,

Thanks for your reply. \finger does does only contain characters, but that's all I'm after - I'm using it to indicate changes of fingering in piano music, e.g. 5-4 meaning changing from the 5th to 4th finger on one note.

I can do what I want with \markup { \finger "5-4" }, but I'm looking for a nice neat macro I can use instead of having to add markup every time.

Cheers,
Stewart