Re: Output of 2.8.6 Windows version

From: Ossie Wilson
Subject: Re: Output of 2.8.6 Windows version
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:15:04 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Mats for the very fast assistance.

1. I am using Windows 2000. I would like some packet of programs to be carried
to my computer with XP ( not connected to

internet to avoid hassle of checking for all the spyware)

2. GSView will print out .ps files (so the programmer says, anyway).

3. This is the last part of the log produced by LilyPond.

        Layout output to `G:.ps'...
        Converting to `G:.pdf'...
        `gs -q   -dCompatibilityLevel#1.4  -sPAPERSIZE#"a4" -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -
r1200  -sDEVICE#pdfwrite

-sOutputFile#"G:.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f "G:.ps"' failed (1)

4. This is the path of one of the fonts as produced in the .ps file by LilyPond,

        G:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/bin/../share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf

 instead of the correct path as installed by the LilyPond installer

        G:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/./share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf

Possibly someone on the team could correct the appropriate installer.

5 I was speaking of version 1.9.8 which unfortunately I removed 2 weeks ago to
install 2.8.6. It did produce pdf files

effortlessly.

6. I did alter the lily.scm as you suggested so that the fonts required are
embedded in the .ps file. This does have the unfortunate

effect of adding nearly .5 Mb to a file's size but it did mean that I could
print the .ps files with GSView. It also has the bonus

effect, I hope, of making the .ps file portable to printed from any computer
with GSView installed.

 . Well, Mats, thank you for your forebearance with a 'grumpy old man'. I am a
satisfied customer

Ossie