Redefining Staff.instr

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Redefining Staff.instr
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:48:27 +0300

I'm typesetting a wind quintet where the first staff moves between
flute and piccolo. At any given movement, the staff should be labeled
with the relevant instrument. I start off by doing:

\set Staff.instr = "Fl. grande" at the beginning of the document.

However, doing:

\set Staff.instr = "Fl. piccolo" some bars down in the document has no
effect, "Fl. grande" continues to appear before the staff. Is there a
way to fix this?