Re: Using lilypond-windows with local ghostscript

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Using lilypond-windows with local ghostscript
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:32:53 +0200

It's certainly possible, just make sure that you copy of Ghostscript
is placed before C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\ in the PATH
environment variable and that the executable is called gs.exe. However, you should note that the Ghostscript included in the LilyPond package is fairly recent (GPL 8.50) and also includes (as far as I know) some patches to fix bugs, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL.html

  /Mats

Quoting J L <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use lilypond on windows with a locally installed version of ghostscript (i.e. a more up-to-date version in another directory)? What files would I need to modify to get this to work?

The version of lilypond is the 2.8.x series on windows xp

Aligorith