Re: Sponsored feature request--cross-staff chords, ties

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Sponsored feature request--cross-staff chords, ties
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:29:49 -0500

On 8/22/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I once made an estimate for doing x-staff chords, for 400 EUR.  I think
that would be the most difficult task. If the stems + noteheads work
correctly, adding arpeggios and ties should be relatively easy.

For reference, I insert what I wrote to Hans Forbrich:

< snip >

Well I had always wondered why the pricing on cross-staff stuff was so
high. I thought it might be because it breaks the Voice model, but I
wasn't sure ...

Well, if Steve or Vivian or Hans or somebody is willing to help out,
then I'm willing to pitch in on the sponsoring too.

I'm about to have cross-staff stuff all over some piano music and also
between different *string* staves as well. So a question.

QUESTION: will the proposed cross-staff implementation path enable
cross-staff stemming and beaming between *nonadjacent* staves (eg, 1st
violins and basses, passing over the 2nd violins, violas and cellos)?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden