Re: key change with repeat bar

From: Nigel Holmes
Subject: Re: key change with repeat bar
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:50:16 +0200

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi, Nigel:

I had forgotten to say that there was also a piano part in the full score; but adding the same command to the relevant place (before the key change)
in the left and right hand parts dealt with that too.

Just a suggestion... If you keep all key changes, time changes, etc., in an identifier (variable), then you can insert such fixes only once -- e.g.,

global =
{
    \time blah
    \commandToFixSpacing \key blah
        \bar "|."
}

singerStuff =
{
    suchandsuch
}

pianoRH = { soandso }
pianoLH = { xyzpdq }

\score
{
    \new GrandStaff
    <<
        \new Staff << \global \singerStuff >>
        \new PianoStaff
        <<
            \new Staff << \global \pianoRH >>
            \new Staff << \global \pianoLH >>

}

Best regards,
Kieren.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try experimenting with this for future use.
Many thanks,
Nigel Holmes