Re: tweak of the crescendotext

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: tweak of the crescendotext
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:09:06 +0200

Quoting Henrik Frisk <address@hidden>:
I personally like the extra-offset property since it allows me to move
an object in any way with only one command. I would assume that 'padding'
and 'center-align' properties would also work.

I hope you know that there is an important difference between extra-offset
and the other properties that can be used to move things around. If you for example increase the padding, then LilyPond will take that fact into account when it calculates the placement of the next stave, for example, to avoid collisions. However, if you set extra-offset, then only that specific object will move and everything else will stay fixed. Sometimes that's preferable, but sometimes not.

  /Mats