Re: Printing tempo marks on every part

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Printing tempo marks on every part
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:20:02 -0700

yota moteuchi wrote:
concerning the bars you may use a "global" part containing only skips and bars
you can then combine them as you wish (in a part or for all the parts).
have a look at
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/BachJS/BWV1068/bach-air/bach-air-lys.zip
or
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/input/mutopia/E.Satie/petite-ouverture-a-danser.ly.txt <http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/input/mutopia/E.Satie/petite-ouverture-a-danser.ly.txt>

I don't know if it works with rehearsal marks, but please test and publish your results
It works with rehearsal marks and more. For bigger scores I have global blocks like "timing" which define the time considerations and rehearsal marks and markup for things like "Allegro." I might then have more than one global block for dynamics and things which only apply to some subset of the instruments.

This has worked with any necessary padding for the markup and or dynamics set in the individual instrument parts even though I have an example of this which *may* not working in 2.9.15.

Paul Scott