Re: Arpeggio tied to chord

From: Chuckk Hubbard
Subject: Re: Arpeggio tied to chord
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:15:48 -0400

On 8/26/06, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, Chuckk:

> I want an arpeggio, each note of which is tied directly to a final
> chord, without showing all the notes every time a new note is struck.
> Example attached, in the left hand.
> How do I do this in Lilypond?

No example was attached...  ;-)

However, from your description, I think you're looking for
"tieWaitForNote":
     <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/
Ties.html#Ties>
(look at the bottom of the page).

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Surprisingly,
something as simple as:

{
\time 4/4
\set tieWaitForNote = ##t
c'8~ e'~ g'~ <<c' e' g' b'>>
}

creates a collision of tie with top note.  I'm having flashbacks to my
teacher telling me "You use Finale, right?  Just click the tie and
slide the end of it back a little."  This could get really rough
really quick!

-Chuckk