Re: web documentation structure

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: web documentation structure
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:13:24 -0700

Paul Scott wrote:
Why is this page not in the tree?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/

If you go to:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/index.html

Then Up will not take you back. The "Back" button will but it doesn't follow the doc structure. That first page is so valuable I think it should be in the tree.

The user manual is created in PDF, info, and HTML formats independently of the main Documentation page. Due to the way we build the docs, it's just not possible to include the main Doc page as the "Up" field inside the user manual. I agree that it would be nice, though.

Cheers,
- Graham