Easy Note Heads and colors

From: Daniel Tonda
Subject: Easy Note Heads and colors
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:19:55 -0500

Hello:

I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere else, but is it possible to use easynoteheads where the name of the note that appears inside is in spanish or another language?

It could look like the image attached. Sol maybe could be changed to solfa notation like "so".

Another question:

Is there a standard color for each of the notes? Like si being yellow or something like that?

I ask the previous questions because a fellow teacher  and myself work with some special-needs children.

For them the need is for really big scores, which to my delight I have found that lilypond scales well in huge sizes, it helps them a lot. All the help they can get, that doesn't distract them from the note (like putting the name of the note on top if it), as the easy heads and/or a standardized color set would be nice.

I know the colors are doable, although some articulations don't work when using colors, like dynamics, etc, but I don't know if there's already a standard way of assigning colors to notes.

The reason for noteheads in other languages is beacause our special-needs students all speak spanish, it would be very hard for them to learn the notes in english.

Is it possible in lilypond's state so far (2.9.16)?

If not, is it something that can be sponsored?

Thanks!

--
Daniel Tonda C.