Re: Using PDFLaTeX

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Using PDFLaTeX
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:29:20 +0200

Quoting Daniel Tonda <address@hidden>:

Mats:

You're absolutely right. I tried it and it certainly is faster and produces
the same output.

The only difference is PDFLaTeX's output is bigger, any reason why?

I'm not sure, but I know that everyone of the lily-*-*.pdf files for each score line that are included in the document using \includegraphics contains the LilyPond fonts embedded when you use the new PDFLaTeX support
in lilypond-book, whereas in the latex+dvips+ps2pdf mode, the corresponding
.eps files don't contain any fonts at all. Instead the fonts are included
once for the full postscript file (that's why we need the -h *.psfonts flag to dvips). I'm not sure how clever pdflatex is, if it duplicates
the font information. If it does, then that's probably the explanation.

  /Mats