Re: Sponsored feature request--partially-tied chords, Thank You Han-Wen

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: Sponsored feature request--partially-tied chords, Thank You Han-Wen
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:30:25 -0600

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:39:57PM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Steve D wrote:
> >After thinking about it for awhile, I agree with Werner and like his
> >idea better also, if it can be done. [...]
> ><c~ e g bes~> would mean that only the c and b-flat would be tied
> ><c e g bes>~ would mean that the whole chord would be tied
> ><c~ e g bes~>~ would mean--well, LilyPond would issue an error message?
> >The whole-chord tie would take precedence? ;-)
>
> After some thought, I agree with Werner (as usual), and I've changed the
>  implementation to do this.

Thank you so much Han-Wen for implementing this sponsored feature
(chords in which some but not all notes are tied) and especially for
being able to use Werner's clear and easy idea for notating a
partially-tied chord.

If you work on the issue where in dotted chords that contain an interval
of a second, the dots can be too close to a following chord, discussed
in the following thread--
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00342.html
please send the invoice to me and I'll pay for it promptly via PayPal.

I'm also interested in sponsoring (preferably with one or more other
interested people) work on cross-staff chords as has been discussed on
this thread--
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00379.html

I believe that at this point Trevor Baca and I are both willing to
co-sponsor it. (Right, Trevor?)

Does anyone else wish to help sponsor cross-staff chords, which is an
important feature but also a considerable project in terms of Han-Wen's
time and attention.

Once again, thank you very much Han-Wen,

Steve

Steve Doonan
New Mexico US
I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of
them never happened. -Mark Twain