Laissez vibrer question

From: Panteck
Subject: Laissez vibrer question
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:49:31 -0700

Windows XP, Lilypond 2.8.6

I'm trying to force the direction of a laissez vibrer tie like so:

\version "2.8.6"

\score
{
\new Voice
{
 \clef bass
 \time 4/4

 \override LaissezVibrerTie #'direction = #UP
 c4 \laissezVibrer
 d4 \laissezVibrer
 e4 \laissezVibrer
 f4 \laissezVibrer
 g4 \laissezVibrer
 a4 \laissezVibrer
 b4 \laissezVibrer
 c'4 \laissezVibrer

I've experimented with variations of #UP, #DOWN, #LEFT, and #RIGHT (as well as 1 and -1), but no matter what I do, the tie always stays down. This is also the behavior when I remove the override entirely (which seems odd to me). Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

--Steven