Re: Displaying scores

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Displaying scores
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:46:22 +0200

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> I am using evince to view Lilypond's pdf output, and in fairly simple
> things (output by Rosegarden), and I'm seeing note stems of different
> thicknesses.  If I zoom in, they are still different thicknesses, and
> some of the stems don't exactly line up against the noteheads.  Is
> there another Linux pdf viewer that is more accurate?

You can get the Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux, although how easy this
is depends on your distro.  There's also XPDF and KPDF (PDF viewers
written for the X-window system and KDE, respectively, but of course
they'll work on everything).

In my experience screen output of PDFs can be dodgy anyway with certain
complex documents like scores.  When I made PDF exports from Finale they
looked terrible even in Acrobat (and not for the reasons cited in the
Lilypond documentation).  I presume your work looks fine when printed?