Re: Sponsored feature request--cross-staff chords, ties

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: Sponsored feature request--cross-staff chords, ties
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:12:08 -0600

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 06:22:44PM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Trevor Bača wrote:
> >Yes, exactly. The notes can be separately articulated, with separate
> >accidentals and so on. What the notes share will be spanning stems and
> >a single beam.
>
> OK. This is a completely different feature than what Steve is looking
> for. It's also quite a bit easier, I suspect.

Yes, that does seem different. It's true that my interest in cross-staff
chords centers around their use in the context of two adjacent staves
connected by a brace such as is used for piano or other polyphonic
instrument such as organ, harp, harpsichord or marimba.

However, I'm willing to sponsor both types of cross-staff chords (for
adjacent and non-adjacent staves) if they become considered as different
features.

Steve

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
-Douglas Adams