creating my own glyphs

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: creating my own glyphs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:07:10 +0200

Hi list !

Using Lily2.8 on XP.

Is there a way to create a symbol that doesn't exist in lily ?

Actually, I'm stuck with this pb while engraving baroque music, even if I do
admit that huge
improvement has been done since I began to use lily (bravo !). Especially music
for the viol. There
are special symbols in Marais' pieces that I can't reproduce. Is there some way
to create the symbol
or is it too complicated for non-programmers ? Is it possible to scan the
symbol, and insert it in
the score ? etc... ?

I don't know if my question make sense, but I've tried at least ...

Best regards.

JMarc