Re: Vanishing tie

From: Chuckk Hubbard
Subject: Re: Vanishing tie
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:59:09 -0400

In this instance, I have two ties right after each other in the top
staff, and the first one is completely ignored, while the second works
normally.
I hope I'm doing something wrong...

\version "2.9.16"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")
\header {
tagline = ""
}

<<
        \relative c'
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Alto Sax"
        \clef treble
        r16 e g b       r8 cis~ cis c~ c b

}

        \relative c'
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Tenor Sax"
        \clef treble
        a4      cis8 cis'

}

        \relative
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Baritone Sax"
        \clef bass
        a,4~            a16 e' g b

}

I'm pretty sure this is LP doing something incorrectly.

================
\version "2.9.16"

<<
        \relative c'
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Alto Sax"
        \clef treble
        r16 e g b
        r8 cis

}

        \relative c'
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Tenor Sax"
        \clef treble
        a4
        cis8 cis'

}

        \relative
        \new Staff {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Baritone Sax"
        \clef bass
        a,4~  a16 e' g b

}

ends up with no tie from the first note of the bottom line.  But if I
remove the top staff code completely, the tie appears.

?

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."