Re: Printing tempo marks on every part

From: David A. Greene
Subject: Re: Printing tempo marks on every part
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:34:05 -0500

Markus Schneider wrote:
You can also use \addquote and filter only desired events using
Staff.quotedEventTypes.
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Quoting-other-voic
es.html#Quoting-other-voices)

In pseudo code this would look like this:

somevoice = { }

partWithAllMarksAndStuff = {}

\addquote framework \partWithAllMarksAndStuff

\new Staff <<
    \set Staff.quotedEventTypes =
      #'(mark-event % Add more as needed
         )
    \context Voice = "somevoice" \somevoice
    \context Voice = "somevoice"
      \quoteDuring #"framework" { #(ly:export (skip-of-length
partWithAllMarksAndStuff)) }

I really like this direction.  Is there a list of events somewhere
that can be filtered?

I've copied my main part and turned the notes and rests into spaces.
I'd like to add markup and dynamics to it and then combine with the
parts as you've done above but filter different elements for different
parts.  For example, in an SATB score, the rehearsal letters should
appear in all parts but I only want dynamics displayed in one part
(say, the alto) to keep clutter down.  But I don't want to have to
copy the skips part multiple times just to add different markup for
different voices.

Ideally, we'd like to be able to do this by putting the markup on
the "real music" part and then filter things to turn all the notes
and rests into skips and only display the markup that passes through
the filter.  But I imagine something like this is a ways off.

                  -Dave