Re: Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

I might be tempted to pitch in some helper money to get DC and DS Al Coda
functionality that can generate the marks and have the option to insert
whitespace in front of a coda passage, recognize the flow for midi, error
out if the targetcoda, tocoda or targetsegno are missing, etc.  IOW possibly
add "\DCAlCoda" and "\DSAlCoda" functions that react to the presence of
\targetSegno and \targetCoda and \toCoda elsewhere in the piece.  Or maybe
use "named" \targetSegno, \toCoda and \targetCoda commands that the
\DCAlCoda and \DSAlCoda functions could refer to, for cases where a piece
has multiple coda jumps.

Right now I am doing all this with \mark commands as markup in conjuction
with volta alternatives, I'm using \stopStaff and \startStaff to insert the
whitespace and force re-appearance of the clef, key, time for the coda
passage.  None of it responds to midi flow of course, but it looks nice.
Functionalizing this I think would be a popular enhancement, since so much
music makes heavy use DC or DS al coda.  I would say fully 90% of the pieces
I notate use DC or DS Al Coda.