Re: Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:46:32 +0200

If I'm not mistaken, you can use an ordinary \repeat command and
replace the repeat bars with whatever other bar type you wish
using the \bar command, for example \bar "||".

  /Mats

Quoting "David A. Greene" <address@hidden>:

Paul Scott wrote:
David A. Greene wrote:
Is it possible to typeset volta-style alternatives without generating
a repeat bar?  I'm typesetting an SATB score and would like it to look
something like this:
                  _____________________  ____________________
                   | To verses           || To coda            |
 ... notes | notes | notes  verse pickup || notes  coda pickup
             D.C.         D.C.
    || verse one || verse two || coda |.

Hopefully that makes sense.  I'm looking at a choir book and this is
how it's typeset there.

Anyone done this before?
You don't say what version you are using.  For 2.9.x and 2.8.x this is
documented under

        Manual repeat commands.

Using 2.9.17.  I looked at that and I think I know how to do it but
I was hoping there was a way to specify this but retain the nice
useage of volta and \unrollRepeats for midi output.  I suppose I
just have to choose one or the other since Lily doesn't seem to have
built-in segno, coda, D.C. or D.S. commands that could be taken into
account for midi output.  Is there any sort of plan for that in the
future?

                         -Dave