Re: 1/4 notes stems don't merge

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Re: 1/4 notes stems don't merge
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:12:24 +0200

HI Mats.

My goal is to complete my last help on the list, which concerned two notes
collision in a polyphony
score : http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg24451.html

I have managed to invert the order of the notes, but I still can't get over
with this stem
orientation pb.

Your trick doesn't work in my way : I still get a16*2 stem on the right AND a16
on the right too, so
the primary stem lines are linked together with the whole [ ] part, but the
secondary lines of the
16 are still separated, each of them on the riht side of the note. Maybe i'm
confused in the
vocabulary : i think I should use Beam (horizontal line) instead of Stem which
is the vertical line
?

Regards

Jmarc

             Mats Bengtsson
             <address@hidden>

             07/09/2006 09:56                    Jean-marc LEGRAND
<address@hidden>

                 cc
                                                 address@hidden, address@hidden

              Objet
                                                 Re: 1/4 notes stems don't merge

If you explain why you use the s or hidden note in the first place, then
maybe it's easier to propose a workaround.
Does
a8 [a16*2 a16 a8]
produce the result you want?

   /Mats

Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Well, you're right : it was \hideNotes.
> But it still doesn't work. I get this :
>
> (See attached file: essai.png)
>
> and I'd like to have d16 and c16 liked normaly, with the secondary stem lines
> linked together
(hard
> to explain in english !)
>
> Regards
>
> Jmarc
>

>              Brett Duncan

>              <address@hidden>

>              07/09/2006 09:03                    Jean-marc LEGRAND
> <address@hidden>,

>                                                  address@hidden

cc
>                  Veuillez répondre à

>                address@hidden
Objet
>                                                  Re: 1/4 notes stems don't
> merge

> Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:
>

>> Hi list.
>>
>> Using Lily 2.8 on XP.
>>
>> When I run this :
>>
>> {a8 [a16 s a16 a8] }
>>
>> I get the a16 stems "unlinked".
>>
>> How can I get the same thing as {a8 [a16  a16 a8] } ?
>>
>> I get the same pb using \hiddenNotes
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> JMarc
>>

> I think you mean \hideNotes rather than \hiddenNotes, and that works for me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brett

             Mats Bengtsson
             Signal Processing