RE: How to generate a counter for repeated bars

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: How to generate a counter for repeated bars
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:45:11 +0100

Can I just add a little comment (I'm not asking anybody to look at the
code, just saying "if you do ..." )

I regularly see repeated bars or percent bars without numbers and with
numbers. I see repeated bars followed by percent bars, with or without
numbers. Note that the numbers always count from the first of the
repeated bars. And the numbers may start on the 3rd, 4th, 5th bar ...

So it is not unusual to see a bar repeated twice, an un-numbered % bar,
then five numbered % bars with the numbers starting at 4. I haven't yet
tried to set anything like that yet ... how on earth you would automate
that in lily I DON'T know! I know how I'd try and do it, but I doubt the
current syntax supports it.

Cheers,
Wol