Re: 1/4 notes stems don't merge

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Re: 1/4 notes stems don't merge
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:31:46 +0200

Thanks for your answer.
Actually, the beaming is ok for the upper line that links all the notes
together.

The pb is still that the lower beaming line that should link the two a16 is
broken.

I think that i haven't been precise enough so far :

I want to get the same thing with these two scores, for the beaming only :

{a8 [a16 a16 a8]}

and

{a8 [a16*2 a16 a8]}

I'm now wondering if it's really possible.

Thanks for your help !

Regards

Jmarc

             John Mandereau

             <address@hidden>

             06/09/2006 23:19                    Jean-marc LEGRAND
<address@hidden>

                 cc
                                                 address@hidden

              Objet
                                                 Re: 1/4 notes stems don't
merge

Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:
> When I run this :
>
> {a8 [a16 s a16 a8] }
>
> I get the a16 stems "unlinked".
>
> How can I get the same thing as {a8 [a16  a16 a8] } ?
>
> I get the same pb using \hiddenNotes

The spacer here breaks the beam; you don't need it anyway, the following
code

{ a8[ a16*2 a16 a8] }

should do you what you want (you want the beam to start on a8, don't
you?)

John Mandereau <address@hidden>