Re: Compound time auto-beaming problem

From: Matt Huber
Subject: Re: Compound time auto-beaming problem
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:46:52 -0400

The first bar has the beams broken correctly (two groups of six).  The second bar is notes 1 and 6 of each group.

I'm trying to write the drum score of a 2/4 march (rougly 82bpm).  The feel of the piece is a triplet on each 8th note.  I won't go into the dissertation on why, but it's easier and more accurate to write the score as 12/16 so that each beat consists of two 16th-note triplets (without all the triplet markers).  This is why I want the first six 16ths beamed together, and the remaining notes (7 thorugh 12) beamed.

I guess I don't understand why the first measure groups in 6 but the second doesn't.

Any further advice?

Thanks!
~Matt