Re: Compound time auto-beaming problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Compound time auto-beaming problem
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:54:58 +0200

Matt Huber wrote:
The first bar has the beams broken correctly (two groups of six). The second bar is notes 1 and 6 of each group.
Exactly, and in the first bar, you get a new beam on the second beat, i.e. before the 7th 16th-note. The same thing happens in the second bar if you count correctly,
right?
I guess I don't understand why the first measure groups in 6 but the second doesn't.
It certainly does! Think about it again. The 16th-notes in the second bars act as upbeats to the main beats, so they shouldn't be beamed together with the main beat.

  /Mats