Re: Tie from voices to chord (begginer)

From: Maurí­cio
Subject: Re: Tie from voices to chord (begginer)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:24:07 -0300

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi, Maurí cio!

I have two voices that I should tie to a chord. Is it possible to do that?

Would the attached example for you?
(...)

theMusic = \relative c'
{
    \time 2/4
    \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
    c4~ e4~ <c e>2
    \set tieWaitForNote = ##f
}

No, it doesn't... I'm trying to typeset a manuscript where the composer wrote two voices in a compass (one voice is a D, the other is a rest followed by a A) and both ties to the first of a sequence of <D A E> chords in the next compasses. However, I think I could use your example if I could get lilypond to draw the first c4 as a c2, while keeping that note time as a 1/4. Do you think that is possible?

  Maurício