Re: How to break timing coordination between my ossia and main staffs?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: How to break timing coordination between my ossia and main staffs?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

Matt,

I'll read that again.  I tried using a \markup { \score } and that method
would be ideal, but the markup score never rendered past it's first measure.
I tested the \score separately and it would render 3 measures, no problem,
but when I cutandpaste that same score into a \markup and applied it to a
hosting note it only rendered one measure.

Is there something that would cause \markup { \score } technique to stop
rendering pre-maturely (maybe a bug)?

Maybe I needed to set a hard and short line-width and ragged?  (My \markup {
\score } did not specify a line width and ragged), and the hosting note the
markup was applied to was 2/3rds the way across the page already.  So maybe
\markup thought it was out of room because the score was not ragged?  Is
this possible?  I'll try that technique again too with a hard and short
ragged line-width, markup seems like the better way to go for an
un-coordinated ossia.

Whereas a separate context is better for a timed/substitute-measure ossia
because it will line up the notes and bars vertically.

thanks
Rick