Re: RELATIVE vertical spacing adjustments?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: RELATIVE vertical spacing adjustments?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:33:53 +0200

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

[ v 2.9.17 ]

Hello, all --

I *love* the ability to manually adjust the individual staves in any system.

There are several ways to do it, which one do you use?

However, it can be time-consuming to set every single one, when all I want to do is raise a single one a few pixels. For example, in a four- voice choral piece with piano reduction, I need to manually set 9 values (four Staffs, four Lyrics, and one PianoStaff) even if I just want to raise the bass Lyric line 0.2 spaces.

I know I could simply adjust that in the Lyrics themselves, but that goes against my desire to separate "data" from "presentation". Is there any way I can easily adjust a single Staff (or Lyric) context, RELATIVE TO ITS CURRENT POSITION, particularly without adjusting any of the others?

For Lyrics, it's probably easiest to do
\override LyricText #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
For staves, that's not really an alternative since so many
different layout objects are involved.

Otherwise, why not set VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent
or ... #'extra-Y-extent (or maybe that's already what you do)?

  /Mats