Re: lilypond-book + lyx : is it possible?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book + lyx : is it possible?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:10:47 +0200

The easiest way is to just use the menu item
Insert -> TeX code
to insert the \begin{latex}...\end{latex} sections into the document.
Then, use File -> Export -> LaTeX to save the file in LaTeX format
(warning, it won't ask you for a file name, it will just silently save a
file with the same name as the .lyx file but with suffix .tex). Then you
can process the file using the commands described in the lilypond-book
manual.

I'm sure that lyx is customizable so that you can handle both the insertion
of \begin{latex}...\end{latex} and maybe also processing the file using
lilypond-book from within the graphical interface.

  /Mats

confrey wrote:
I'm using lilypond as beginner, and I am surprised by lilypond-book : I can use it on html document, it's no difficult, and spending a very little time it's possible to create fine html docs. The next step is to use lilypond-book to create docs as pdf, as books, but I don't know latex; I'm trying to use Lyx, a frontend to latex, and I'd like to know if it's possible to insert lilypond-book's code into a Lyx file or document.

thanks

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems