Re: partcombine for three parts?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: partcombine for three parts?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:39:58 +0200

As has already been mentioned, the current implementation
of partcombine has several problems and limitations and
there are plans to rewrite it completely. Therefore, none
of the main hackers has any interest in tweaking the current
implementation any more, so unless you want to do the
modifications yourself I'm afraid you have to wait for the
new partcombine to appear some time in the future.

I hope you have tried to simply put the three lines of
music into the same Voice context.

  /Mats

Ted Walther wrote:

Does \partcombine yield a music expression?  I tried doing this:

\partcombine \partcombine \foo \bar \baz

The results were ugly.  Lilypond complained a lot too.

warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns

The reason I ask is that Sacred Harp music from the Denson book has
three voices together in the treble clef and only one in the bass.  I
want to keep each voice separate, but I like the type of output that
partcombine produces for two voices.  How hard would it be to extend it
to work with three?  Or four?

Ted

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing