Re: Preventing page breaks

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Preventing page breaks
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:19:26 -0700

OnionRingOfDoom wrote:
When I added the title of the piece in what used to be a single page of
music, lilypond decided to split the piece into two pages with each line of
music being spaced very far apart. Previously I had been using this code in
order to squeeze as much as I could onto one page without being too crowded:

\paper {
  between-system-padding = #1
  ragged-bottom=##f
  ragged-last-bottom=##f
}

Try reducing between-system even more. In addition, see the 2.9 docs for more tips on keeping music on one page. It's somewhere in chapters 3-5.

- Graham