Padding doesn't work

From: OnionRingOfDoom
Subject: Padding doesn't work
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've tried to add padding to several objects, but it doesn't seem to work. My
code is as follows:

\once \override RehersalMark #'staff-padding = #2.0
\mark \default |

and

\override OttavaBracket #'padding = #2.5

Both these code snippets do absolutly nothing. It's also rather unclear to
me in the "How To Construct A Tweak" chapter in the manual as to what part
goes first. I've seen examples that are like

\override Voice.Something #'whatever = bloop

However, how do I know what to substitute for Voice?