Re: Can't get soprano lyric above staff

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Can't get soprano lyric above staff
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:24:37 -0700

Holly Briscoe wrote:
> [I'm not sure how to reply in the thread, since there's no "reply link" in
> the thread itself--at least the way I'm looking at it, which is simply by
> using Mozilla Firefox and the page's web address. So this continuation of the
> thread may not be attached properly--my apologies. I couldn't find a howto
> for the list anywhere that explained responding to a thread. -HB]
>

> ARVID replied:
>
>>>          \context Lyrics = women \lyricsto sopranoMusic \sopranoWords
>>>
>> Here's your problem: You need to say:
>>
>>         \context Lyrics = sopranoWords \lyricsto sopranoMusic \sopranoWords
>>
>> ...to place the lyrics in the correct context.  When you tell them to use
>> the "women" context, they will.  :-)
>>

> THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I thought the first item after the equals
> sign was the name of the STAFF that the lyrics were supposed to be attached
> to.
It would be great if someone who knows could clear up the documentation
as to what values go with which variables and which are the variables.
I still guess and use trial and error when I do anything other than
simple lyrics.  Examples are great when they are obvious but the lyrics
and voice examples are not obvious to me.

Thanks,

Paul Scott