Re: OOoLilyPond: Combining LilyPond and OpenOffice.org

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond: Combining LilyPond and OpenOffice.org
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:50:35 -0400

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:33:32 +0200, Samuel Hartmann wrote:

> Dear LilyPond users,
>
> Using fragments of music notation in OpenOffice.org was a lot of manual
> work. Based on the Macro OOoLatex which inserts Latex equations in
> OpenOffice.org, I have written the Macro OOoLilyPond. The Macro allows
> you to enter some lilypond code in a dialog box and send it to lilypond.
> The rendered music expression is then inserted in the OpenOffice.org
> document as a png or eps image. The lilypond code is stored as an image
> attribute and can be edited later on.
>
> You can see some screen shots and download OOoLilypond at sourceforge:
> http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net/
>
> Feel free to post your feedback here.
>

> regards,
>
> Samuel

Was excited to see this.  Downloaded and installed but can't get it to
work.  Tried a very basic file to make sure it didn't have any typos.
Error generated is :

Processing 'tmpfile.ly'
parsing...ERROR: Unbound variable: ly:parser-print-score

I'm using Suse 10.1 on an AMD64, lilypond version 2.8.5, OpenOffice 2.0.2

I know the problem is probably something simple but I've exhausted my
little bit of knowledge of Linux and Lilypond and could use some help.

Congrats on a cool idea!  Hope to get it working for myself soon.