Thanks for \afterGrace; plus dotted-note space sponsorship

From: Steve D
Subject: Thanks for \afterGrace; plus dotted-note space sponsorship
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:49:58 -0600

Many thanks to whomever sponsored the \afterGrace feature. It's coming in
very handy in a piece I'm notating at present.

Also, just a reminder that I am willing to sponsor the work on the issue
I mentioned in this email message last month, where the dots of some
dotted chords were too close to the following chord--

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00319.html

--although Han-Wen mentioned in a reply--

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-08/msg00342.html

--that it was more a matter of working on the LilyPond code to take care
of cases like this by moving the dots closer to their associated chord,
or moving the chords farther apart, than a matter of creating a tweak to
add horizontal space as I suggested and wondered about in my original
message referred to above.

-Steve Doonan
New Mexico US
Everything is in a state of flux, including the status quo.
-Robert Byrne