Re: Syntax questions

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Syntax questions
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:13:02 -0400

Markus Schneider wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Lilypond and I are disagreeing about some syntax in 2.8,
hopefully someone can help...
hn = { \markup{Hn.} }

use:
hn = \markup{Hn.}

Also, I'm having difficulty understanding the syntax of the
\column command.

cText = \markup { \column { "1st" "2nd" "3rd" } }

These worked fine, thanks! Another question: is there a way to use \fatText with rests? I'm trying to do

R1^\markup{ \column{ "Vc. cadenza" \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" } }

but calling \fatText beforehand doesn't do anything. The problem is that the text is too wide for the horizontal space given to the rest; I'd like the rest's measure to expand to fit this text. Is this possible?

--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail