Re: Syntax questions

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Syntax questions
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

What helped me a lot was to begin using an editor that supports syntax
highlighting.  I created a lilypond highlighting file for the Context text
editor some months ago, and uploded it to the forum area at ( www.context.cx
).  I included every known reserved word I could find as of v2.8 (a couple
thousand words in this highlighter at least, and it took me all week to
gather up the words).

(unfortunately it is only for Windows but it is the best and fastest text
editor I've found for lilypond or any programming language FTM)

If you are on Windows, install Context, then find the highlighter I uploaded
to the forum area (not the download area).  Copy the hilighter file to the
highlighters folder, and open Context fresh.  Now when you edit .ly files,
the syntax will become abundantly clear, as it will even "separate out" the
imbedded Scheme on it's own background.  It will also hilight your .ps files
.bat files, etc.