Feature sponsor request for \paper block

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Feature sponsor request for \paper block
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

Currently there exists these 4 properties in the \paper block in order of
occurance:

oddHeaderMarkup
oddFooterMarkup
evenHeaderMarkup
evenFooterMarkup

How hard/costly would it be to add 4 more properties? called:

firstHeaderMarkup
firstFooterMarkup
lastHeaderMarkup
lastFooterMarkup

So in total, for those wanting complete control over all headers and
footers, there would be available the following in order of occurance:

\paper {
   firstHeaderMarkup
   firstFooterMarkup
   oddHeaderMarkup
   oddFooterMarkup
   evenHeaderMarkup
   evenFooterMarkup
   lastHeaderMarkup
   lastFooterMarkup
}

If any first/last property is not set then the equivalent odd/even property
would be used, if thats not set either then it would use the \header
specification stuff as the final fallback, (I know \header also contains
footer things like copyright and tag, but thats beside the point), so there
might be some minor cardinality checking needed to implement this properly.

But would adding first/last header/footer properties be costly?  Would
anyone else be interested in this feature?

I have copyright lingo, and business related stuff like, dates, origins,
credits, pricing, etc. in my own ever-changing database and find that I
would prefer having that separate "system" simply generate the source code
for ALL my headers/footers.  Having lilypond just do the music (which it
does so well).  IOW Lily will just \include the above header/footer
properties outputted by this other system into known files.

This would make it easier to integrate lily into the existing workflow of a
music typesetting environment or business.

thanks
Rick