about LilyPondTool

From: Tapio Tuovila
Subject: about LilyPondTool
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:20:35 +0300

Hi,
I've used the new lilytool now for a couple of weeks. It still seems
reasonably stable; JPedal sometimes tends to crash more easily when
updating scores with many pages. And when JPedal crashes it usually also
crashes jEdit at the same time, and this is a bit disturbing.

I have already asked about scrolling JPedal screen without mouse, that
would be nice.

Then about code completion, this used to work with words like \upbow,
\downbow, \break and so on, but no longer does. Is this intended
behavior (guess it is) and why does it have to be so. Also some short
words like \p and \f try to change to \PianoStaff or \FiguredBass if you
hit the spacebar; would be nice if the code completion also had an
option for \p and \f themselves.

But this application really is a great help with my everyday work as
string teacher, so that I appreciate your contribution, Bert,  a lot!

Greetings,
Tapio