Re: instrument names for GrandStaff, etc.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: instrument names for GrandStaff, etc.
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:17:42 -0700

Marcus Macauley wrote:

Or are we expected to search the main documentation, and failing that, Regression Tests, Tips and Tricks, and Examples, and failing that, the email archives, and failing that, a message to lilypond-user?

Currently, yes. Although you missed the unofficial wiki; that's another place you could look for info.

This is one reason I sigh whenever anybody starts talking about a FAQ or wiki. We need to reduce the number of places to look, not increase them!

Eventually, I would like to have four places:
1.  Documentation
2.  A special subset of LSR
3.  LSR
4.  Send an email to -user.

#2 hasn't been implemented yet, and I welcome any help towards that end. (details available on request) #3 requires that people submit stuff to LSR -- specifically, any neat tricks that are discussed on -user.

Cheers,
- Graham