Re: How to get "N.C." in a chord line

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: How to get "N.C." in a chord line
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:32:42 -0400

This was actually discussed recently...  Here is an example from one of
my sources.

chordletterssectiona = \chordmode {
    g1 | g1 | c4:6 d4:7 g2 | g1 |
    c2:6 c4:min6 d4:7 | g1 |
    g1 | g1 | c4:6 d4:7 g2 | g1 |
    c2:6 c4:min6 d4:7 |
    g2. \notemode { <\tweak #'text #"No chord" g>4 } |
    s2 g4 \notemode { <\tweak #'text #"No chord" g>4 } |
    s2 g4 \notemode { <\tweak #'text #"No chord" g>4 } |
    s4 d8:7 \notemode { <\tweak #'text #"No chord" d>8 } s4 g8 \notemode
{ <\tweak #'text #"No chord" d>8 } |
    s4 c4 d2:7 |
    g1 |
}

Note, I never include the chordmode stuff when creating MIDI only in
printed output.  If you did try to include this into MIDI, you would end
up with those notes played where you really wanted nothing.

Dick

--
Dick Schoeller
mailto:address@hidden