Re: OOoLilyPond trouble

From: Samuel Hartmann
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond trouble
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 22:22:34 +0200

Hi David,

David Bobroff wrote:
I just downloaded and installed OOoLilyPond.  I followed the
instructions on the sourceforge.net page for installation/set-up.  There
were two or three differences in the sub-menus, but I think I got it
figured out.   When I try to use it, though, it does....nothing.  I
tried "Testing the Script".  I did Crtl-M and the Editor box opened.  I
keyed in some Lily code and hit the 'lilypond' button.  Nothing.  I
tried the 'configure' button.  Noththing.  No response at all.

I'm running LilyPond 2.8.5 on Fedora Core 3.  LilyPond was installed
from an auto-installer.
May be this is the problem. The auto installer installs LilyPond under /home/username/bin. Maybe this path is not in your system search path.
Try the following commands in bash:
$ export PATH="$PATH:home/<username>/bin"
$ ooffice

If this does not help, wait for the next release of OOoLilyPond in one or two weeks. I changed a lot since the last release.

regards,

Samuel