Re: Using Lilypond

From: Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Subject: Re: Using Lilypond
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:25:24 +0000

On Monday 09 October 2006 17:04 Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Joe Wilson schreef:
> > Lilypond is amazing!  I am a music educator who used to be frustrated
> > with the time spent with commonly used commercial notation software.  I
> > find Lilypond to be so amazingly fast and easy to use for reproducing
> > instrument parts and typesetting arrangements that I am now using it for
> > all of my classroom needs. I spend less time messing around with the
> > mouse, and the results are far more readable.  Thank you to all the
> > individuals who develop Lilypond!
>
> great to hear that. Have fun!

It is really amazing that even I who have not done much in music since the
early 60's, have found it usable. For someone more into music than me it must
be real easy to use.

I told a music teacher about it the other day and he was rather amazed and
took a sample of an augmented quartet music I had printed out.

Thanks for LilyPond. I use it almost every week now.
--
Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
http://www.bodvar.net