Re: no bar numbers

From: Ole Hesprich
Subject: Re: no bar numbers
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:55:26 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> They are certainly enabled by default, except when you use
> gregorian-init.ly, where the idea probably was that bar numbers never
> were used in the original manuscripts and the intention of the
> gregorian chant support is to be able to imitate the originals as
> closely as possible.

O.k., seems logical. But maybe you can add that short description to the
manual, so that it can be found when searching for "bar numbers"?

I included the gregorian-init.ly per default, because I sometimes use
the \divisioMinima as a sign for breath in choral works. My templates
are from the time of LP 2.4.

So thanks again for that hint.

Ole