Lilypond and TextMate

From: Jacob Rus
Subject: Lilypond and TextMate
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:55:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I recently put together a Lilypond bundle for the [TextMate][tm]
text editor, which any Mac users on this list might like to try.
The easiest way to get it is to first install TextMate, and then
use the recently-created ["GetBundle"][gb] tool by Sebastian Gräßl.

[tm]: http://macromates.com [gb]:
http://sg.validcode.net/files/GetBundle.tmbundle.zip

The bundle is still a bit incomplete, but I've gotten enough of the
syntax highlighting done to mention it on this list. There is a
"Engrave and View" command, which should find an installed lilypond
binary, either in Lilypond.app, or installed from fink or elsewhere
and in the `$PATH`, and then engrave the current document, and open
the resulting pdf file in the default PDF previewer (usually
Preview.app). In the near future, I plan to add commands to
generate midi output, and to update lilypond documents to the most
recent version.

I don't really know lilypond all that well myself, so there are
some things which would be better created by those more familiar
with writing ly files. TextMate's powerful snippets, macros, and
commands should help to turn this bundle into the best lilypond
editing environment around. But for those things, your help is
needed. If anyone is interested, drop by [##textmate][irc]
sometime.

[irc]: irc://irc.freenode.net/##textmate

Cheers, Jacob Rus